The Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-uku, Delta state, Nigeria is recruiting to fill vacancy for the post of Rector.
In a statement signed by Registrar/Secretary to Council, Mrs Nweke F.N, interested and qualified candidates for the post of Rector in the Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State, Nigeria should send details meeting the recruitment criteria of the institution to email@example.com.
By Virtue of the Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku Law (2002), the Rector is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Academic and Executive Officer of the Polytechnic and shall be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the Polytechnic. He is also the ex-officio Chairman of Academic Board, Congregation and Convocation.
The person to be appointed as Rector must:
* Be a distinguished scholar not below the rank of Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic or Senior Lecturer in the University. His area of academic expertise must be related to, at least, one of the Disciplines in the Polytechnic.
* Have a feasible plan for the development of the Polytechnic in line with the set vision, mission and philosophy of the Polytechnic.
* Possess the drive and ability to attract external funding and creativity to generate internal revenue. Be in excellent physical and mental health.
* Possess the ability to provide sound academic and administrative leadership. Demonstrate proven integrity, transparency, accountability and resourcefulness.
* The candidate should not be above Sixty-five (65) years on appointment.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested candidates for the post should possess the following qualifications:
* A Doctorate Degree in any of the Disciplines/Area of programmes offered in the Polytechnic, with at least Fifteen (15) years professional and administrative experience; have served as Chief Lecturer in the Polytechnic or Senior Lecturer in the University or equivalent institutions for at least Five (5) years.
* Demonstrate ability to offer academic and administrative leadership as well as the ability to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of the office of the Rector.
* Evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of papers at educational Conferences, Seminars and/or Workshops.
* Candidate must possess membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the majority of members of staff and students of the institution.
*Candidate must have sound knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Artificial Intelligence with evidence of certification.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Rector shall hold office for a single term of Five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment and the Conditions of Service for the Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku as approved by the Council of the Institution and the State Government.
Method of Application
Each application should include; an application letter, a candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed, dated and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
(a) 1. Name in full (Surname first and in capital);
- Place and date of birth;
- State of Origin and Nationality;
- Marital Status; number and ages of children;
- Current postal/contact address (with phone number(s) and e-mail address);
- Permanent addresses;
- Institutions attended with dates;
- Educational qualifications with dates;
- Professional qualifications with dates;
- Membership of professional bodies;
- Distinctions and awards with dates;
- Statement of Work experience including full details of former and present posts;
- Postgraduate supervision;
- Academic related services to the nation and tertiary institutions system;
- Important academic conferences/workshops/ courses attended with dates;
- Publications (thesis, books, monographs and published articles);
- Technical reports;
- Present employment status, salary and employer;
- Extra-curricular activities;
- Report of Medical Fitness (from a Government Hospital)
- Names and addresses of 3 referees (one of whom must be in candidate’s field of study).
(b) Candidates are also to attach their Vision and Mission Statement of not more than 1,000 words for the Polytechnic.
(c) Each referee should be requested by the applicant to avail, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities which must be sent as an attachment to email@example.com.
All applications, supporting documents and referee’s report must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, but addressed to;
The Chairman, Governing Council,
c/o Office of the Registrar,
Delta State Polytechnic,*
Closing date for the receipt of applicants and references is 22ND June 2021.
CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.